Skip to main navigation Skip to main content Skip to footer

This two-storey home was built in 1899. Designed in the Italianate style, the home features a low-pitched roof with wide eaves, moulding and brackets. The home also offers such details as a detailed chimney, decorative panels, and an enclosed porch. Accenting the exterior are bevelled glass, oriel, and display windows. From 1925 to 1950, the home was occupied by Patrick Angus Kennedy. Kennedy was a pharmacist who came to Brandon in 1905, after graduating from the University of Toronto. He established Kennedy’s Pharmacy, a business which experienced success for many years. Later on in his career, Kennedy opened P.A. Kennedy Music Co. Ltd. The company moved to 640 Rosser Avenue in the 1940s and the block was renamed the Kennedy Block. Kennedy was also a member of St. Augustine Roman Catholic Church and of the Knights of Columbus. He passed away in 1962.

Do you have any stories or comments to share about a heritage property in the City of Brandon? Contact us online.