Skip to main navigation Skip to main content Skip to footer

(Lots 21/23, Block 32, Plan 16)
Brandon, Manitoba
Designation Date: February 19, 2013
Designation Authority: The City of Brandon

This 1 ½ storey home was built in the year 1883. Designed in the Italianate style, it features such characteristics as a low-pitched roof, rounded arched windows, and wide eaves. At one time the house sported a verandah, also an Italianate characteristic, but it has been removed. The home offers details such as an intricate frieze, wall dormers, and a decorative brick belt. In addition to the arched windows are a second-storey bay window, stained glass windows, and decorative sills and voussoirs. The home was owned by contractor Alexander Allen until 1917. In 1935 the home passed into the hands of Reverend Claude D. Gemmill of St. George’s Anglican Church. Four years later, Reverend Ivor A. Norris, also of St. George’s, moved into the home with his wife, Madeline. Norris went on to become both an Archdeacon and a Bishop with the Diocese of Brandon. He lived at this address until 1950.

Download this information as a PDF

Do you have any stories or comments to share about a heritage property in the City of Brandon? Contact us online.