Skip to main navigation Skip to main content Skip to footer

This two-storey Queen Anne-style home was constructed in 1900. The design features a hipped roof with gable-shaped dormers, cresting, and finials. The trimming offers details such as flared wide eaves, moulding, and a pent extension. Other exterior details include columns, pilasters, and an open verandah. The home is decorated with canted bay windows on both storeys, palladian windows, and decorative sills and voussoirs.

The earliest known owner of the home was merchant tailor James S. Laughton, who lived here as early as 1906 and stayed until 1911. From 1913 to 1917, the home was owned by piano tuner Frederick Edmand. Other owners include W.J. Swaisland, manager of the Union Bank of Canada; Reginald J. Stone, of Stone Baking Co. Ltd.; and William Parker, compositor for Sun Publishing Co. The home was converted into suites in 1943.

Do you have any stories or comments to share about a heritage property in the City of Brandon? Contact us online.