Skip to main navigation Skip to main content Skip to footer

This lovely Queen Anne-style home was constructed in 1906. It was originally owned by Robert A. Clement. Clement was a member of the prominent Clement family, headed by Brandon’s first local sheriff Stephen E. Clement.  Robert was involved in numerous Clement family endeavors, opening a legal practice with S.E. Clement, and assisting in the operation of brother D.E. Clement’s drugstore. Robert and his wife Mary lived here with their five children until 1954.

The 2 ½ storey home is well-suited to such a prominent member of the community. The hipped roof is styled with intricately moulded bargeboard, dentils, and flared wide eaves. The design also offers details such as a pent extension, pediment, open verandah, and decorative shingle belt. There are numerous bay windows gracing both the first and second storey. The display and double-hung windows are embellished with decorative sills and voussoirs, adding increased visual appeal to the already beautiful home.

 

Do you have any stories or comments to share about a heritage property in the City of Brandon? Contact us online.