Skip to main navigation Skip to main content Skip to footer

The Georgian-style home at 207 Louise Avenue was built in 1909 for use as Charles W. Hall’s home and office. Charles Hall was a prominent local contractor and one of Brandon’s leading industrial men. He was responsible for the construction of countless homes and businesses in the city, among them the Merchants Bank Building, the YWCA’s Meredith Place, the Brandon Collegiate Institute (now New Era School), and 1133 Princess Avenue. He was also one of numerous contractors involved in the construction of the Brandon Insane Asylum. Hall resided here until 1921. The home was converted into the Glencoe Apartments in 1937, and served this purpose for over twenty years.

The 2 ½ storey residence is sheltered by a hipped roof featuring decorative gables, flared wide eaves, and moulding detail. The design also offers double-hung windows and a pent extension.

 

Do you have any stories or comments to share about a heritage property in the City of Brandon? Contact us online.